Project Manager – USA
Job Title: Project Manager
Business Unit: USA Project Delivery
Reporting to: Global Director of Project Delivery
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working Visa Requirements: Citizen, Permanent Resident or full working visa to work in USA
Job Location: USA – Westbury, NY
Emovis is a leading technology provider of electronic tolling and other road charging solutions and associated services. The company is 100% owned by Abertis, the world’s leader in highway concessions with close to 6,000 miles of roads under direct management.
Abertis is a global leader for the provision of toll highway infrastructure management and smart mobility services. Our vision at Emovis is to be a reference in road charging solutions and associated services helping transport leaders accelerate their business toward seamless, sustainable and inclusive mobility.
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the coordination, management and leadership of Electronic Toll Collection Systems Projects (ETCS), Road User Charging (RUC) systems, and other mobility solutions on a myriad of projects throughout the United States.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for successful completion of projects in close collaboration with the Business Development, Engineering, Operations and Maintenance teams.
The PM will oversee all aspects of project delivery from definition, requirement management and business rules, budget management to software and roadside design development and manufacturing, integration, installation, commissioning and field testing. The responsibilities also include management of current customer projects.
- The Project Manager will be the key day-to-day point of contact for external clients and end users, responsible for managing all aspects of customer relations with respect to Project Management outputs and expectations.
- Responsible for the preparation of project estimates, scope letters, updating activities, durations, and milestone dates on all projects under their control.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Team and Project Principle to define, own, and plan and will manage US based projects from initiation through to transition and hand-over to operational.
- Will select methodologies that are appropriate to the project such as Agile, Waterfall, PMBOK, Kanban etc.
- Build and maintain working relationships with project participants, clients, employees, consultants, vendors, and other team members.
- Manage and run requirements gathering meetings with customers, in charge of business rules and specification/design of the system.
- Defines and manages the Business Rules, oversee the creation of design documentation and formal deliverable documentation.
- Manage the development of user and/or customer documentation for system operation and system maintenance
- Responsible for leading the project team to deliver projects on time and on budget. This will involve software, website, roadside activities, structure manufacturing, civil works and site installation of equipment and commissioning.
- Meet with the client(s) to address delivery, invoicing, or other contract issues as well as report on relevant project information.
- Responsible for the creation and management of project budgets and forecasts and will be required to prepare management reports.
- Assist and support the legal team for the preparation and negotiation of contracts, subcontracts, be responsible for change orders, purchase orders and related commercial issues. Procurement of subcontracts, including scope of work, targets and responsibilities definition, consultation, scoring and selection presentation to internal project steering committee.
- Review and approve all subcontractor and vendor invoices including the processing of all project purchase orders.
- Identify and obtain change orders.
Supporting Marketing and sales
- Support pre-sales customer visits and meetings including oral presentations.
- Support the development of bid proposals including estimating project management budgets.
- Attend IBTTA and other trade related conferences to support the Business Development initiatives and represent the company.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT/Computer science/Engineering or related field
- Project Management formal qualifications (PMI Certified PM “preferred”)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Candidates should have experience with MS Project software, Visio, Excel, MS-Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Government and /or public agency customer experience.
- Computer system integration including software development.
- Electronic Tolling or other areas of Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Background, Skills and Competencies
- Verbally articulate, precise in communicating, a careful, precise written communicator.
- Organized, able to create systems to track long issue lists, and manage multiple priorities.
- Good reporting capabilities, capable of creating dashboard reports.
- Experience in team building – recruiting, training, leading, inspiring.
- Willing to progress, develop his/her skills and the company’s products.
- Languages: English fluent required – Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred- not essential.