Job Title: Project Manager
Business Unit: USA Project Delivery
Reporting to: Global Director of Project Delivery
Contract Type: Contract(6-9 Months)
Working Visa Requirements: Citizen, Permanent Resident or full working visa to work in USA
Job Location: USA – Puerto Rico, Caribbean
Intended Hire Date: ASAP
Emovis is a leading technology provider of electronic tolling and other road charging solutions and associated services. The company is 100% owned by Abertis, the world’s leader in highway concessions with close to 6,000 miles of roads under direct management.
Abertis is a global leader for the provision of toll highway infrastructure management and smart mobility services. Our vision at Emovis is to be a reference in road charging solutions and associated services helping transport leaders accelerate their business toward seamless, sustainable and inclusive mobility.
This is a newly created role, created to manage and run the Caguas Puerto Rico – Dynamic Toll Lanes project which has recently been awarded to Emovis. The project commences immediately, and this role will manage the Open Road tolling system (both design, implementation, and delivery) in Puerto Rico. The project commences in September/October 2020 and will involve the installation and commissioning of up to 5 Gantry systems Puerto Rico.
The role holder will take existing emovis systems and processes and in conjunction with the European Engineering Teams, local Puerto Rico Operations Teams and field operational teams and will drive and manage the design, implementation, installation and commissioning of the Gantry Systems.
They will set all Project Milestones (Milestone 1 is the erection and approved commissioning of 2 gantries by 15th Dec. 2020). They will be responsible for the coordination, management and leadership of Electronic Toll Collection Systems implementation projects (ETCS) for this project as well as future projects with Road User Charging (RUC) systems, and other mobility solutions across the United States of America.
In particular they will be responsible for: Procurement and Delivery (shipping, logistics and expediting), installation of a subcontractor commissioning process as well as subcontractor management, the coordination and successful completion of this project in close collaboration with the Engineering, Technical, Operations and Maintenance teams.
- The Project Manager will be the key day-to-day point of contact of external clients and end users, responsible for managing all aspects of customer relations with respect to Project Management outputs and expectations.
- Responsible for the preparation of project estimates, scope letters, updating activities, durations, and milestone dates on all projects under their control.
- Collaborate with the Project Principle to define, own, and plan for this project but will be expected to engage with the Euro engineering team on other US based projects from initiation through to transition and hand-over to operational
- Build and maintain working relationships with project participants, clients, employees, consultants, vendors, and other team members.
- Manage and run requirements gathering meetings with customers, in charge of business rules and specification/design of the system.
- Defines and manages the Business Rules, oversee the creation of design documentation and formal deliverable documentation.
- Manage the development of user and/or customer documentation for system operation and system maintenance
- Responsible for leading the project team to deliver projects on time and on budget. This will involve software, website, roadside activities, structure manufacturing, civil works and site installation of equipment and commissioning.
- Meet with the client(s) to address delivery, invoicing, or other contract issues as well as report on relevant project information.
- Responsible for the creation and management of project budgets and forecasts and will be required to prepare management reports.
- Assist and support the legal team for the preparation and negotiation of contracts, subcontracts, be responsible for change orders, purchase orders and related commercial issues. Procurement of subcontracts, including scope of work, targets and responsibilities definition, consultation, scoring and selection presentation to internal project steering committee.
- Review and approve all subcontractor and vendor invoices including the processing of all project purchase orders.
- Identify and obtain change orders.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT/Computer science/Engineering or related field ore equivalent exp.
- Project Management formal qualifications (PMI Certified PM “preferred”).
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role (roadside installation and commissioning)
- Must have Tolling roadside construction project management experience.
- Must have fluent English and Spanish.
- Candidates should have experience with MS Project software, Visio, Excel, MS-Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to reach out and find resources to solve problems (set expectations amongst peer groups)
- Work well under pressure (this role will hit the ground running) with a sense of urgency.
- Must be flexible in relation to working hours/week given the nature of the project.
- Knowledge of and experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Government and /or public agency customer experience
- Computer system integration including software development
- Electronic Tolling or other areas of Intelligent Transportation Systems
Background, Skills and Competencies
- Verbally articulate, precise in communicating, a careful, precise written communicator
- Organized, able to create systems to track long issue lists, and manage multiple priorities
- Good reporting capabilities, to his management and able to create and maintain dashboard showing the progress of the projects
- Experience in team building – recruiting, training, leading, inspiring
- Willing to progress, develop his/her skills and the company’s products
- Languages: English fluent required – Bi-lingual English and Spanish essential.
- Must come from a solutions-based environment.
- Must have knowledge of tolling and roadside tolling engineering projects.
- Strong communicator, comfortable with dealing with the client (verbally, email, and presentations)
- An autonomous decision maker who has a ‘get the job done’ attitude.
- Must be articulate with respect to Technical information and comfortable explaining technical information to all levels.