Project Management (5+ Years’ Experience & 2+ Years in Tolling or Similar Business Domain) USA
Job Title: Project Manager (5+ Years’ Experience & 2+ Years in Tolling or Similar Business Domain) USA
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Job Location: East Coast, USA
Intended Hire Date: ASAP
The main goal of this role is to manage and roll out Tolling and Transportation Mobility projects across USA and our other America markets. Projects involve managing, designing, implementing, and delivering road-Side systems and/or Software Solutions implementation. The project manager will coordinate all the activities up to the Go-Live and, lastly handing the project over to other external/internal teams.
Emovis’ project managers are skilled in handling international teams, from different cultures and locations, which are mobilised across the project phases and must be closely coordinated by the project manager. There can be multiple projects, on different phases each of them, to be driven simultaneously.
The role holder will lead the project and will drive and manage, following a Project Management Methodology (PMP or Prince2), the design & plan, implementation, execution and hand-over of projects consisting of installation and commissioning of Electronic Toll Collection Systems (ETCS), Road User Charging (RUC) systems, and other mobility solutions for the client.
The PM will manage the implementation and delivery of the end-to-end solutions including Roadside Construction and Systems and Customer Management Solutions. This will involve the management of the project budget, the plan (MPP), risk control, requirement & business rules gathering, software/systems implementation by third parties as well as installation and commissioning followed by transition to other external/internal teams.
In particular, the projects emovis implement are complex, comprising risks that could potentially represent an impact on emovis image, contract violation and multi-cultural stakeholders’ management.
The role holder will be working for customer projects mainly North America and Puerto Rico, it may also need to travel to South America and eventually the rest of the world, consequently the role holder must be flexible concerning working location and hours. Travelling will be required for longer durations and frequency based on the project needs.
- The Project Manager will be the key day-to-day point of contact of external clients and stakeholders, accountable for meeting customer expectations and satisfaction
- Highly capable of negotiating and meet with the client(s) to address delivery, invoicing, or other contract issues as well as report on relevant project information
- Responsible for leading the project team and partners to deliver projects on time and budget. This may involve software, roadside activities, structure manufacturing, civil works and site installation of equipment and commissioning
- Responsible for managing the project plan and its execution inline with the contractual commitment (schedule, milestones, deliverables, …)
- Build, animate, and maintain working relationships with project stakeholders
- Manage and run requirements gathering meetings with customers, in charge of business rules and specification/design of the system.
- Oversee the creation of design documentation and formal deliverable documentation. Including the development of user and/or customer documentation for system operation and system maintenance, together with business rules when applicable
- Risk awareness, control, and mitigation techniques
- Procurement and subcontractor management
Other Activities (Contract/Tender Management/Budget)
- The Project Manager will assist the Business Development in tender responses, strongly contributing to emovis tender responses. The role includes production of documents, contribution to budget evaluation and establishment participating to demonstrations, pilots, presentation to authorities and contract management up to awarding
- Responsible for the creation and management of project budgets, forecasts, and reports
- Ensure alignment with contract requirements and boundaries and secure budget control and adherence
- Support the legal team for the preparation and negotiation of contracts, subcontracts, be responsible for change orders, purchase orders and related commercial issues
- Procurement of subcontracts, including scope of work, targets and responsibilities definition, consultation, scoring and selection presentation to internal project steering committee
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor invoices including the processing of all project purchase orders
- Identify, prepare, develop and execute change orders
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT/Computer science/Engineering or related field or equivalent exp.
- Project Management formal qualifications (PMP Certified)/Prince II is preferred
Experience & Knowledge
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role and 2+ years’ experience in Tolling Business domain or Similar Domain
- Demonstrable project implementation skills and experience following project management methodologies
- Knowledge of and experience in one or many of the following areas/domains, apart from Tolling Business Domain, is preferred:
- Mobility and Mobility as a Service
- Government and/or public agency customer experience
- Civil works
- Road Infrastructure installation
- End to End Software solutions implementation
- ISO, Quality and Health and Safety experience desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Tools, including MSProject
- Languages: English fluent required – knowledge of secondary or more languages is a plus (Spanish/French preferred).
- Strong communicator, comfortable with dealing with the client (verbally, email, and presentations)
- Sense of urgency and adaptability to the project events
- Organized, able to create systems to track long issue lists, and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to identify, reach out, find & pull resources to solve problems, escalate whenever required
- Reporting capabilities to management and able to create and maintain dashboard showing the progress of the projects
- Comfortable understanding and explaining basic technical information to all levels