Junior Roadside Engineer – Doha
Job Title: Junior Roadside Engineer
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Intended Hire Date: ASAP
In view of the consolidation of the local project team for the implementation of the first Freeflow Tolling and Congestion Charging System in Qatar, we are looking for a Junior Roadside Engineer to join a team that is in responsible for defining, implementing, maintaining, supporting and contributing to designing and installing complex infrastructure and communication networks to support the deployment of the Roadside Tolling and Congestion Charging systems.
The Junior Roadside Engineer will work closely with the IT & Maintenance Manager, the Project Manager and the Project Team and ensure critical system availability is maintained, while client contract obligations are met or exceeded.
In this role, you should have backgrounds electricity and network systems, strong problem-solving capabilities and thorough knowledge of all types of Tolling Systems / Congestion charging / ITS.
- Interface with sub-contractors providing and implementing Tolling / Congestion Charging / ITS Infrastructure, devices and services
- Become a Subject Matter Expert of Tolling / CG / ITS technologies
- Attend and monitor installation, Fine tuning, commissioning and testing of equipment
- Expert level knowledge troubleshooting complex business impacting situations including gathering and diagnosing information from all levels of the system
- Monitor infrastructure and network performance and integrity
- Maintain complete technical documentation.
- Provide technical level 3 support to the business, via ticket management system
- Manage the assets in the Asset management System
- Integration, commissioning and configuration of systems including both hardware and software
- System architecture
- Development and tests in the selected language
- Understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, MPLS, OSPF)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Good listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing to both customers and key stakeholders
- Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying scrutinizing, improving and streamlining process
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritise
- Results driven with a strong attention to detail
- Knowledge/previous experience with Ashghal as a client
- Driving licence
- Ability to work out of hours at short notice if required to meet with the system operational constraints
- Expected BSC/BA in Electronic engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in a similar role and experience on roadside with the following:
- Congestion charging systems
- Free flow Tolling systems
- ITS technologies including LPR, CCTV, detection systems, etc
- Carrier solutions such as MPLS, IPsec VPN’s and other Ethernet technologies
- Proficient in English and Arabic – Written and Spoken.
- ITS Vendor training / accreditation – desired
- CAD drawings – desired