IT Support and Services Manager, Doha, Qatar
Job Title: IT Support and Services Manager
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Visa Requirements: Citizen, Permanent Resident or Full Working Visa for Qatar
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Intended Hire Date: ASAP
Emovis is a leading technology provider of electronic tolling and other road charging solutions and associated services. The company is 100% owned by Abertis, the world’s leader in highway concessions with close to 6,000 miles of roads under direct management. Abertis is a global leader for the provision of toll highway infrastructure management and smart mobility services. Our vision at Emovis is to be a reference in road charging solutions and associated services helping transport leaders accelerate their business toward seamless, sustainable and inclusive mobility.
Reporting to the General Manager, you are responsible for the delivery of IT Support & Services across the emovis operations and maintenance contracts, which can include Roadside, Back Office, Customer Service Centres, Telephony and Enforcement solution. The role has both technical and service delivery responsibilities for all IT related support activities of each and every project delivered and supported
Support and Services Activities including:
- Service delivery to meet contracted service commitments (SLA, KPI), controls cost and improves productivity & efficiency through driving continuous service improvement.
- Identification of service risks and associated mitigation plans
- Contractual commitments ensuring the associated commercial processes are in place / adopted.
- SSQ local team management (10 persons + partners/ subcontractors)
- Relationship with Customer(s) and/or Operations (when applicable)
Cost (Spending / expenses) and Cost forecast (Estimate / Budget and Efficiency ratio):
- Owning and reviewing project Costs and Cost forecast for SSQ
- Owning and reviewing the consolidated SSQ Cost and Cost forecast for SSQ
- Leads and develops the local SSQ capability, skills and model in line with the associated corporate S&S and emovis strategy and in full coordination with the central SSQ
- Proactively engages with internal and external support/delivery units to ensuring seamless delivery of services to the client.
- Responsible for all systems, applications, security, network and monitoring tools configurations within the SSQ.
- Make sure that any activity (e.g. incident, escalation, change of scope, patching schedule, test, CCB, asset management, license management …) is as per SOP, documented and tracked
- Has an active role in technical and hierarchical escalation to meet KPI and SLA (e.g. incident solving versus associated severity)
- Define appropriate reports and management review structures to provide an ongoing insight into the effectiveness of all aspects of the SSQ operation.
- Develop and improve Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) scores, identifying Service Improvement plans around day-to-day service, innovation, and project/technology delivery.
- Discuss with the Client / Customer in relation with the day-to-day services to be performed under the maintenance agreement,
- Accountable for the Governance and Compliance in the capability units deploying standard processes and procedures that meet our obligations.
- Proposes changes, optimization, cost reduction actions for the SSQ activities
People, Organisation & Team Management:
- Organises and manages the Support & Services team
- Implementation and enforcement of the health and safety rules and processes
- Leads, motivates and a multi-site team, developing and building a multi-skilled IT support capability.
- Oversees key activities ensuring correct technical skills are in place within the SSQ to ensure:
- Performance of SQL databases including database tuning and security of data
- Backup and recovery policies are implemented and stored adequately
- Patch management schedules implemented
- Disaster Recovery solution is available
- Effective Deployments in prod/Non-prod environments
- Required (expected) certifications & compliancy are maintained
- Asset (& CMDB) Management
Process and S&S Delivery Model:
- Setup and maintain documentation that provides guidelines regarding maintenance tasks, policies and procedures.
- Incident Management
- Making sure that incidents are properly allocated with a severity, tracked, handled and escalated (when needed) with the SLA
- Problem Management
- Providing technical support and investigations of IT related problems and coordinate the implementation of the appropriate solution with the SSQ team (local and central)
- Provide technical and functional support to business changes when raising/tracking bugs where necessary and the associated impact assessments
- Change Management
- In conjunction with the Customer and Business Development, supports the defining of requirements for new services/projects
- Provide technical and functional support to business changes for all applications with the associated impact assessments
- Deployment Management
- Participating in the preparation and execution of technical tests
- Ensure that any change deployed in Production is adequate, well tested, documented deployed seamless and tracked
- Supports Operational Readiness reviews for new services associated with Customer facing services
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ technical experience with:
- Microsoft environment (virtualisation, high availability solution) and networking, TCP/IP PC and Microsoft Windows maintenance and troubleshooting, MS SQL Server Administration
- Database and SQL
- LAN, WAN, wireless, and network routing
- System solution support
- Customer service & support relationship (including on-call activities)
- Proficient in English and Arabic
- CCNA and/or MCSE certifications are desirable
- Certification is a desirable: MCTS, MCITP, MVP
- Involvement in MSSQL Server Community such as PASS.
- MS SQL Server administrator.
- ITIL v3 processes/disciplines certification
- A good understanding and knowledge of:
- Project management skills e.g. Prince2 (desirable)
- Cisco/Network skills
- MS Domains / Active Directory / DHCP / GPO