Contract Manager (New Jersey, USA)
This role will be offered on a Contingency basis and will be appointed upon the successful award of the contract.
The Contract Manager shall be responsible for the oversight of a multifaceted program, which includes the management of customer service operations, back-office system transaction processing, financial accounting & reconciliation and transponder inventory management and distribution.
Provide oversight for all operations activities including customer service operations. The role holder will have experience running a full-service Tolling Operations function (i.e., Call Center, Front and Back Office, Production) managing a workforce of 300-350 employees, with the ability to manage resources across multiple functions in a matrixed organization.
A member of the senior management team the role of the Contract Manager is to ensure that there are structures, processes, and skills in place to effectively manage and develop the business from an operational perspective, in accordance with the company financial objectives. Anticipated program size: 300 to 350 FTEs.
- Ensure alignment of the operations management team to the Company’s business strategy and vision
- Main day-to-day contact and relationship with client and subcontractors.
- Responsible for the timely resolution of all operational issues.
- Management and delivery of the operational (legal) contract, including legal obligations as related to the Program.
- Oversee the relations, discussions and application with the main suppliers on the operations field
- Provide transparency on operations to the VP of Operations, North America, through reporting mechanisms, documentation of operations processes and effective collaboration with the Audit & Compliance Department
- Develop operations profitability in relation with the finance and HR departments
- Ensure service delivery meets standards of quality and cost effectiveness.
- Establish and monitor performance goals in all Departments, taking full responsibility for problem resolution.
- Lead on contract delivery to ensure SLA’s are met, operational responsibility and ensure adequate resources. Able to drive client change order requests. Familiar with contract to ensure all potential costs/resources are taken into account. Responsible for execution of change orders.
- Ensure the Operations compliance with legislation and company rules and propose new rules and policies to improve the company effectiveness and compliance. Ensure all operations departments are integrated and aligned.
- P&L responsibility to ensure results are in line with forecast/budget. Develop and implement budgets and forecasts. Responsible to maintain Program cost within budget. Ongoing review to find cost/operational efficiencies.
- Drives Hiring, Directing, Motivating, Training employees. Deals with employee issues as needed. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
- 7 – 10 years operational experience, leading large customer service programs, preferably in tolling.
- Strong relationship management skills essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the toll or revenue collection industry or similar industry with high volume transactional operations
- Strong relationship management skills
- Experience in the delivery and management of operational contracts, legal terms and obligations as related to a multi-faceted tolling operation.
- Ability to translate high level strategy into tangible actions
- Financial & Operational organisational experience