Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Job Location: Central/East Coast, USA (remote)
Intended Hire Date: ASAP
Reporting to the VP of Sales for North America, this role will assist the existing BD Teams in North America to continue to develop leads and grow the BD function as well as engage with the Business Development global team.
The role holder will take responsibility for managing the organization’s efforts to develop existing business relationships (including existing bid opportunities) as well as driving new business opportunities in the Road User Charging and Transportation industry both in North America and Globally as needed.
Responsible for the full sales and business development lifecycle capture management from opportunity assessment through contract signature and internal handover, sometimes as Bid Manager, sometimes as support to the Bid Manager.
Manage and lead the bid process and generate prospects/leads in the acquisition of new business for RUC and Transportation business. Working with the Business Development global team, the role holder will be responsible for leading all Business Development and Sales efforts to identify, structure and capture new business in the RUC and Transportation sectors and take responsibility in the development of ‘winning’ relationships with key stakeholders in the RUC and Transportation mobility sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Emovis at transportation/mobility events and exhibitions to create brand awareness.
- Seek out and recognize new business opportunities in the Transportation Mobility sector.
- Manage the development of RUC and electronic toll collection sales and new business development.
- Assist the Business Development global team as well as in North America to develop from concept and present new product/service initiatives to prospective clients.
- Manage and deliver the planning, preparation, and presentations for client meetings.
- When acting as Bid Manager, manage the bid process for potential new business opportunities across North America by winning new business by creating winning business proposals/quotations with the support of the Emovis central areas (IT; Operations; Finance; Legal; HR; etc).
- When acting as support to Bid Manager, support the bid team (both nationally and globally) by managing and developing internal relationships, Sales and Business Development teams, operations teams (both nationally and globally) solution architects, legal advisors, program and contract managers and internal financial analysts.
- Develop and nurture external stakeholder relationships with a view to the development of new business (Local State/Federal administrations, councils etc.).
The ideal candidate will have a combination of sales/business capture, business development (BD), project management, and proposal management experience to lead complex and high-priority business opportunities, both government and commercial across North America. Experience with the identification of resources needed to pursue new transportation/urban mobility business opportunities.
The candidate will have experienced client engagement at a senior level and show a track record of pricing, teaming, and proposal strategy. Show an entrepreneurial drive and excitement to make a direct contribution to the growth of our North American business, working across the multiple divisions.
- Bachelors in business administration, Technical discipline, or equivalent.
- Must have at least 10+ years’ experience in business development and business capture management, ideally for Transportation or Utilities-related projects in the public Transport/Urban Mobility sector space.
- Must have experience in developing and running a services or technology business from scratch and can provide evidence of driving a business through its life cycle (concept development, start-up, financing, resourcing, business development, sales, customer engagement etc.)
- Post Graduate degree preferred (MBA or Equivalent)
- Strong organizational and project management skills to drive efforts to completion (PMP preferred but not required)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including verbal and presentation skills to individuals and groups, internally and externally
- Strong writing skills to include development of content incorporating key win themes in a clear and concise manner
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent presentational and communications skills are essential
- Skilled people management experience